Sunday, April 6, 2014

Birthday Flowers

I was recently asked what my favorite flowers were.  I have such a difficult time being asked about favorites on any topic, but especially flowers.  I'm fascinated with flowers, not only for their beauty, but as a science nerd, their complexity astounds me.

This time of year completely thrills me, as everything blooms. No one believes me when I say it looks like it has been snowing outside!  Here is the flowering cherry having its way with me.


 Many of my admirers have brought me living flowering plants, so that I might enjoy them as long as my green thumb doesn't go south.  It does on occasion, as I tend to be dreamy and free-spirited and forget routines and such.  I've had shamrocks, lilies, cyclamen, christmas cactus, ivy, tulips, orchids, bamboo, bleeding heart, clematis, impatiens, daisies, amaryllis, roses, and even a venus flytrap (that naughty boy)!  And then the beautiful cut flower arrangements.  I just love them all!

 It is an ecstatic state of being, not only in the Secret Garden, but in my Love Nest as well.  I delighted in capturing the blooms in and around and even tucked in a naughty little gem that you might or might not be able to spot.


A new addition to the Secret Garden this year will be a formal rose garden, enhanced by iris and hydrangea and an herb garden for the secret aromatherapy and herbal concoctions I use on you.  The idea just makes me swoon.  Add you to the mix and you may end up kidnapped and tied to the cherry tree, but that's a whole 'nother story!  (You might have had an idea that rope would be somewhere)

Perhaps you can help transform the Secret Garden, if you are thinking of a birthday gift for that cute little Earth Goddess in your life.

I might add that I've been learning how 'added warmth and sun have helped my petals to spread even wider as I spread and receive the pollens of a life being richly lived...'

I am indeed richly blessed to live as a 'muse and a sensually deep creature', just the right type of person another special person of discerning tastes would be drawn to.