Thursday, December 12, 2013

Wine, Women, and Song

I am not a wine snob, for I find beautiful, artsy labels and poetic verse draw me more than my connoisseur French lover fully appreciates.  Nevertheless, he is patient and offers me learning opportunities to hone my skills and taste fine wine....along with fine French cuisine on a fairly regular basis. 

My most recent discovery is a Pinot Noir that had the most enchanting visual of a Goddess of the Earth admiring a bouquet of flowers.  Even more beguiling to me is the verse:

She dwelled on the beauty of life.

Watching the stars, she saw herself running with them.

 

He is most likely rolling his eyes with a big grin on his face, and muttering "no, No, noo", as only Frenchmen can do.  But he adores me and finds me charming for my girlish ways and tender heart.  And he knows I'll put on that impossibly low-cut cocktail dress and the silk stockings with the seam up the back.  And he'll remember the last time we danced together.  And the last time we kissed deeply.

  He knows I dwell on the beauty of life.